Each year, Grainger Engineering helps coordinate over 6,000 interviews on campus. Interviews may be in person (on campus) or virtual.
You must submit a request to reserve space to host on-campus interviews. We only accept interview space requests via Handshake. You can request up to two rooms due to space limitations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional rooms.
- Digital Computer Laboratory (DCL): 1304 W. Springfield Avenue, Urbana, IL 61820. We are in Suite 3300 on the third floor. Complimentary interview rooms all include whiteboards. Additionally, space is available for students to participate in virtual meetings.
NOTE: Please make sure correspondence to students includes the correct location as listed here.
- Upon your arrival, you will need to check in with our staff to receive your interview space assignment.
Please note that additional locations besides DCL will be assigned for the next-day on-campus interviews after the Engineering Career Fair. The ECS staff will email you the specific locations for the next-day on-campus interview after the Engineering Career Fair one week in advance.
- See the parking map below for directions, which shows you where parking is available near our building. Parking will be at your own expense.
- We open at 8:00 am and will be ready to help you and your team settle into your space
- Your first interview can start at 8:30 am
- We will close for the lunch hour from 12 pm to 1 pm.
- Your last interview should conclude by 5:00 pm
- Your team will be allowed to remain in the space until 5:15 pm to wrap up your deliberations
There are a number of food options conveniently located within a 5-to-7-minute walk from ECS:
- Expresso Royale Café in Grainger Library across the street on Springfield Ave.
- The Illini Union Food Court
- Restaurants on Green Street
- A variety of ethnic restaurants on Wright Street between Springfield and Green Street
- A variety of food trucks.
- Water will be available.
- There are vending machines available in the building.
- We book “Room Only” interviews, thus you are in complete control of your interview schedule. We do not require you to provide us with a copy.
- Please review our campus recruiting policies online if you have not yet done so. You are expected to abide by these policies.
- Please note that the Engineering Career Services interview space is reserved solely for the benefit of currently enrolled University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students.